Elizabeth Seton High School is seeking a full-time Campus Ministers who offer experiences that support students in exploring their faith, seeking spiritual guidance, and participating in planned service projects. A candidate should be willing to bolster Elizabeth Seton High School’s mission as a service-oriented, Catholic school welcoming students of all faith traditions. The Campus Ministers collaborate in designing and facilitating opportunities and experiences integral to the school calendar throughout the year.
Supervises students in the classroom, on school grounds, and educational trips.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Creates an inclusive and welcoming environment for all students on campus.
- Prepare, organize, and facilitate class-level retreats for all grade levels.
- Organize and facilitate prayer experiences for the school community.
- Lead and prepare Seton Encounter overnight retreats three times a year.
- Organize monthly liturgy for the whole school community.
- Plan and facilitate daily after-school service opportunities.
- Design and accompany students on service trips.
- Approve student service hours in Mobile Serve.
- Co-Moderate Vincentian Service Club.
- Ability to work with diverse populations and create a welcoming and inclusive environment.
- Ability to creatively design and implement programs.
- A practicing Catholic; respectful of other faith traditions.
- Flexibility in scheduling and availability for after school service and overnight retreats.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and good written and oral communication skills.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Catholic theology, religious education, or a related field is required. Experience in theology and religious studies, pastoral counseling, or catechesis is strongly preferred.
- At least two years of related experience is preferred.
- Must be able to navigate school facilities and lead students to safety in an emergency.
- Must be able to lift to 25 pounds at times.
Please send a cover letter and a resume to Melisa Constanza, HR Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Elizabeth Seton High School, an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law in the administration of its employment practices.