EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR SCHOOL YEAR 2018-2019
Welcome to Elizabeth Seton High School, the only all-girls Catholic High School in Prince George’s County. For over 50 years, Elizabeth Seton High School has been blessed with talented and dedicated men and women who offer the best of themselves to the school community for the fulfillment of our Vision and Mission.
Please note: All salaries at Seton are commensurate with experience and responsibilities.
If you are seeking employment and wish to consider serving our young women, please consider the information below:
TEACHING FACULTY & ADMINISTRATION
Math Teacher (experience teaching Algebra, Geometry and Pre-Calculus preferred)
Elizabeth Seton High School welcomes resumes from men and women who wish to join the faculty and have the following credentials and character:
- Applicant must desire to teach in a Catholic School that is committed to the mission of Catholic education and the formation of young women in Christian character.
- Applicant must give evidence of exemplary character and demonstrated activities of service to others.
- Applicant must hold at least a bachelor’s degree in the discipline of the position.
- Applicants must give evidence of strong communication and interpersonal skills.
In addition, we are seeking applicants who will plan for and implement best practices in science instruction, including the use of inquiry and hands-on activities, demonstrations, lectures and discussions. We are pursuing teachers who are enthusiastic, creative, and willing to collaborate. Most importantly, we are pursuing teachers who will provide an atmosphere and environment conducive to the academic, spiritual, social and emotional development of our girls.
Other responsibilities of the position include:
- Collaborate with colleagues to monitor and evaluate student performance by using a variety of data sources for planning;
- Set and maintain high expectations for academic performance and behavior;
- Foster a nurturing, respectful, and positive classroom environment
Individuals interested in applying for teaching positions should present a professional portfolio including a resume and cover letter that portrays excellent teaching skills, outstanding character references, and demonstrated service activities to the Dean of Academics, Mrs. Tiphanie Edwards, SPHR, GPHR, SHRM-SCP, '92, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hospitality and Tourism Teacher/Coordinator
With the support of Chesapeake Hospitality, Elizabeth Seton High School, the only all-girls Catholic High School in Prince George’s County will be starting a hospitality program and is seeking a dynamic hospitality professional to teach and coordinate the program on a part time basis.
The program is designed in partnership with the American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute to prepare students to enter and succeed in the hospitality and tourism industry through classroom learning and work experience. The program includes comprehensive classroom materials and a teacher’s resource guide that includes lesson plans, presentations, assessments and support materials.
This is a great opportunity for any experienced hospitality professionals to pass on their knowledge and make a difference in students’ lives.
As a teacher, you will work varying times during the work week.
- Coordinate instructional activities and collaborate with other professional staff, both school and non-school-based as required, in order to maximize learning opportunities.
- Develop, adapt and modify educational materials, resources, techniques, methods, and strategies to meet the needs of students within the curriculum framework.
- Implement instructional program and utilize materials to ensure appropriate learning experiences.
- Manage the behavior of students in the instructional setting to ensure that the environment is conducive to the learning process, as well as assist and participate in the management of student behavior in other parts of the school, center, school grounds, or on the work site.
- Plan and supervise work-experience programs with hospitality and tourism businesses ensuring maximized learning and proper behavior.
- Ensure continuous written and oral communication with parents to keep them informed of student progress.
- Continually assess and communicate with students regarding instructional expectations and keep them informed of their progress in meeting those expectations.
- Ensure that the classroom and instructional environment are attractive, healthy, safe, and conducive to learning and that materials are in good condition and accessible to students.
- Maintain accurate student records and perform all activities in compliance with federal laws, state laws, school policies and the professional standards.
- Build and develop relationships with local hospitality and tourism businesses to increase work-experience opportunities for students.
- Passion for teaching and making a difference in young people’s lives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience and general understanding of the various hospitality and tourism disciplines including operations, food and beverage, front office, housekeeping, facilities management, sales, human resources, security and accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- Managerial experience in the hospitality or tourism industry.
- Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
Benefits & Compensation:
- As a part- time employee you will be allotted 9 days of discretionary leave.
- Salary commensurate with experience and responsibilities.
Please include a writing sample answering the following:
- Why do you believe young women should pursue a career the hospitality industry?
- How does your work or educational experience prepare you to teach/coordinate this program?
You will be able to submit your resume and supportive documents as part of your application. All questions should be forwarded to email@example.com.
Well over half of the students at Seton participate on one or more of our 23 athletic teams. The variety of sports and of levels within sports allows for every student to find her place in the athletic program, whether a seasoned player or a novice. Most teams compete in the Washington Catholic Athletic Conference.No current openings.
Rooted in Catholic values and the charism of the Daughters of Charity, Elizabeth Seton High School cultivates confidence in young women to excel in college, careers, and life through an innovative and rigorous academic experience. As a diverse and inclusive learning community, students think critically and creatively, work collaboratively, and serve others.
A graduate of Elizabeth Seton High School embodies our core values of:
…..Academic Excellence by:
- Committing to a strong and professional work ethic
- Engaging in critical thinking
- Presenting ideas and applying solutions confidently
- Expanding existing knowledge through ongoing exploration
- Demonstrating honesty and trustworthiness
- Acting responsibly and respectfully
- Exemplifying Catholic values in decisions and actions
- Having the courage to do what is right
- Exploring interests, talents, and passions
- Being inquisitive, innovative, and adventurous
- Engaging in original thinking and developing multiple solutions
- Pursuing bold ideas
- Appreciating diversity and promoting inclusivity
- Working with others constructively and collaboratively
- Showing compassion, empathy and forgiveness
- Participating as an active alumna of the Seton community
- Appreciating the sacredness of all of God's creation
- Displaying courtesy and consideration
- Exhibiting self-control and discerning a loving response
- Leading, collaborating, and serving
…..Service to Others by:
- Promoting the dignity of all by seeing the face of God in those we serve
- Responding openly when needs arise in the wider community
- Going beyond comfort zones to assist others