Directions & Transportation
There are two entrances into Seton:
The Main Entrance is on Emerson Street. Once on Emerson, make your first right into Seton's front driveway entrance. Visitors to the school should park in the front near the statue of Mother Seton or around the circle. All visitors are required to check in with the main office.
The Student Entrance is on 57th street, on the right hand side, just past the apartments. This entrance is only open during student drop-off and pick-up. For security reasons, this gate is closed during the school day.
Sisters' House - some navigation systems will take you to the back gate across from the elementary schools. This is the entrance to the Sisters' House and the faculty parking lot. The gate is only open before and after school. It should not be used as a visitor or student entrance.
- St. John’s/Marlo Furniture to DC service $2,100 Deposit $100
- Annapolis/Bowie (Route 450 Corridor) $2,100 Deposit $100
- Dunkirk/Upper Marlboro (Route 202 Corridor) $2,100 Deposit $100
- Charles County/Ft. Washington (Route 210 Corridor) $2,100 Deposit $100
- Montgomery County $2,100 Deposit $100
Visit the DeMatha website here and click on “Seton Sign Up” in the top right corner and create an account.
Contact Jackie Boissonneault at 301-864-4532, extension 7107 or email@example.com with questions regarding payment.
As you consider your transportation plans for the upcoming school year, please consider the following facts:
- Most students travel an average of 25 to 35 miles to Seton/DeMatha one-way.
- At the current cost of gasoline ($3.65 per gallon) based on the number of school days (160), with most vehicles averaging 17-18 miles per gallon, you can expect to spend approximately $1,946 for gasoline, not including insurance and other operating costs.
- Also, consider the following, if you drive to the school and drop-off your daughter or son, and then return home or continue to other locations, your costs will double.
- Your time driving time is worth something. Most parents will spend about 600 hours in their vehicle(s) as drivers.
- The school bus cost is $2,100 per year. This is equal to $13.12 per school day.
- When you register for a DeMatha bus route, send the deposit of $100 and then the balance will be billed separately for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters.
The Elizabeth Seton bus route does not require an initial deposit, but payment is due monthly. Bus transportation costs may NOT be billed with the FACTS payment plan. Payments for the bus must be made prior to the beginning of each quarter. The school does not prorate the costs for missed rides. One-way riders will be billed at 60% of full fare and will be considered after consideration is given to all two-way riders.
The carpool list form has closed for this school year. For carpool information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.Seton organizes a carpool list each summer for those families who wish to arrange a carpool in their neighborhood. Please understand that by providing this information, it will be shared with other carpool candidates.
Forms should be completed no later than Wednesday, July 20, 2016 in order to be included in the Carpool Directory. Please understand that by providing this information, it will be shared with other carpool candidates.
Elizabeth Seton is accessible via the Metro orange line to New Carrollton Station or the red line to the Rhode Island Avenue Station. The T-18 Metro Bus from either station drops off in front of Elizabeth Seton at the corner of Emerson Street and 58th Avenue.