Teaching Faculty & Administration
Welcome to Elizabeth Seton High School, the only all-girls Catholic High School in Prince George’s County. For over 50 years, Elizabeth Seton High School has been blessed with talented and dedicated men and women who offer the best of themselves to the school community for the fulfillment of our Vision and Mission.
The young women of Elizabeth Seton High School will become more confident, creative and compassionate. Their love for God and others will empower them to lead, to collaborate, and to serve in the spirit of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, St. Vincent de Paul, and St. Louise de Marillac.
Elizabeth Seton High School educates young women by engaging them in a challenging, college preparatory curriculum and in the teachings of the Catholic Church. We promote a community that values diversity and is rooted in service to others.
Academic Excellence, Creativity, Integrity, Respect, Unity, Service to Others
If you are seeking employment and wish to consider serving our young women, please consider the information below:
Please note: All salaries at Seton are commensurate with experience and responsibilities.
Employment Opportunities for School Year 2017-2018
- Biology Teacher
- Chemistry Teacher
Elizabeth Seton High School welcomes resumes from men and women who wish to join the faculty and have the following credentials and character:
- Applicant must desire to teach in a Catholic School that is committed to the mission of Catholic education and the formation of young women in Christian character.
- Applicant must give evidence of exemplary character and demonstrated activities of service to others.
- Applicant must hold at least a bachelor’s degree in the discipline of the position.
- Applicants must give evidence of strong communication and interpersonal skills.
In addition, we are seeking applicants who will plan for and implement best practices in science instruction, including the use of inquiry and hands-on activities, demonstrations, lectures and discussions. We are pursuing teachers who are enthusiastic, creative, and willing to collaborate. Most importantly, we are pursuing teachers who will provide an atmosphere and environment conducive to the academic, spiritual, social and emotional development of our girls.
Other responsibilities of the position include:
- Collaborate with colleagues to monitor and evaluate student performance by using a variety of data sources for planning;
- Set and maintain high expectations for academic performance and behavior;
- Foster a nurturing, respectful, and positive classroom environment
Individuals interested in applying for teaching positions should present a professional portfolio including a resume and cover letter that portrays excellent teaching skills, outstanding character references, and demonstrated service activities to the Dean of Academics, Mrs. Tiphanie Edwards, '92, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Individuals interested in applying for any coaching positions should forward their resume to the Athletic Director, Candace Cage '81, at email@example.com