Teaching Faculty & Administration
Welcome to Elizabeth Seton High School, the only all-girls Catholic High School in Prince George’s County. For over 50 years, Elizabeth Seton High School has been blessed with talented and dedicated men and women who offer the best of themselves to the school community for the fulfillment of our Vision and Mission.
If you are seeking employment and wish to consider serving our young women, please consider the information below:
Please note: All salaries at Seton are commensurate with experience and responsibilities.
Employment Opportunities for School Year 2017-2018
Elizabeth Seton High School welcomes resumes from men and women who wish to join the faculty and have the following credentials and character:
- Applicant must desire to teach in a Catholic School that is committed to the mission of Catholic education and the formation of young women in Christian character.
- Applicant must give evidence of exemplary character and demonstrated activities of service to others.
- Applicant must hold at least a bachelor’s degree in the discipline of the position.
- Applicants must give evidence of strong communication and interpersonal skills.
In addition, we are seeking applicants who will plan and implement our technology/computer science curriculum based on the Maryland Technology Literacy Standards. The responsibilities of this position will include teaching various programs within a 1:1 MacBook Air environment, requiring proficiency in the G Suite for Education, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, web design with HTML, and basic programming with Java. Experience with digital video recording & editing tools, video game creation, web design and coding is highly desirable.
We are pursuing teachers who are enthusiastic, creative, and willing to collaborate. Most importantly, we are pursuing teachers who will provide an atmosphere and environment conducive to the academic, spiritual, social and emotional development of our girls.
Other responsibilities of the position include:
- Collaborate with colleagues to monitor and evaluate student performance by using a variety of data sources for planning;
- Set and maintain high expectations for academic performance and behavior;
- Foster a nurturing, respectful, and positive classroom environment
Individuals interested in applying for teaching positions should present a professional portfolio including a resume and cover letter that portrays excellent teaching skills, outstanding character references, and demonstrated service activities to the Dean of Academics, Mrs. Tiphanie Edwards, '92, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individuals interested in applying for any coaching positions should forward their resume to the Athletic Director, Candace Cage '81, at email@example.com
Rooted in Catholic values and the charism of the Daughters of Charity, Elizabeth Seton High School cultivates confidence in young women to excel in college, careers, and life through an innovative and rigorous academic experience. As a diverse and inclusive learning community, students think critically and creatively, work collaboratively, and serve others.
A graduate of Elizabeth Seton High School embodies our core values of:
…..Academic Excellence by:
- Committing to a strong and professional work ethic
- Engaging in critical thinking
- Presenting ideas and applying solutions confidently
- Expanding existing knowledge through ongoing exploration
- Being honest and trustworthy
- Acting responsibly and respectfully
- Exemplifying Catholic values in decisions and actions
- Having the courage to do what is right
- Exploring interests, talents, and passions
- Being inquisitive, innovative, and adventurous
- Engaging in original thinking and developing multiple solutions
- Attempting bold ideas
- Appreciating diversity and promoting inclusivity
- Working with others constructively and collaboratively
- Showing compassion, empathy and forgiveness
- Making positive contributions to the community
- Participating as an active alumna of the Seton community
- Appreciating the sacredness of all of God's creation
- Being courteous and considerate
- Exhibiting self-control and discerning a loving response
- Leading, collaborating, and serving
…..Service to Others by:
- Promoting the dignity of all
- Seeking service opportunities and taking initiative
- Going beyond comfort zones to assist others