Student Transportation Options
2017-2018 Routes as of 5/31/17
These routes are based on 2016-2017 data. Actual stops/times may change based upon enrollment. Each of the established routes operates with predetermined stops with adjustments made for the safety of the students.
Visit the DeMatha website here and click on “Seton Sign Up” in the top middle of the page and create an account. Seton families will be billed quarterly directly by Seton for their daughter's bus transportation. Billing questions can be directed to Mary Lucian at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-864-4532 x. 7019
Please click on the name of each route, then the red button for times/stops along the route.
- NEW FOR 2017-2018 - Howard County /Laurel Route
- Annapolis / Bowie Route
- Dunkirk / Upper Marlboro Route
- Charles County / Ft. Washington Route
- Montgomery County Route
- St. John's / Marlo / Eastern Market Route - AM ONLY
- Eastern Market / Spaulding Library - PM ONLY
6:30 am Starts at the Scaggsville Park and Ride (US-29 & MD-216, Fulton, MD 20759)
6:50 am Stops at St. Mary of the Mills (114 St Marys Place, Laurel, MD 20707)
7:40 am Stops at Elizabeth Seton HS
7:55 am Arrives at DeMatha Catholic HS
3:15 pm Departs DeMatha Catholic HS
3:25 pm Stops at Elizabeth Seton HS
4:05 pm Stops at St. Mary of the Mills
4:20 pm Stops at Scaggsville Park and Ride
Annapolis Service is provided by VVS Charter. The bus is marked DeMatha Catholic High School. They use a full-size yellow school bus and it will have VVS Charter on both sides of the bus at the front of the bus. Annapolis #225.
Dunkirk Service is provided by VVS Charter. The bus is marked DeMatha Catholic High School. They use a full-size yellow school bus and it will have VVS Charter on both sides of the bus at the front of the bus. Dunkirk #752.
St. John's, Clinton to Dunkin Donuts, Allentown Road to Marlo Furniture, Forestville to Eastern Market Service is managed by DeMatha, operated by Elizabeth Seton. The AM Route uses a Full Size School Bus Marked Seton Catholic High School.
***NOTE: PM Riders returning to Clinton will use the Ft. Washington Bus***
St. John's, Clinton to Dunkin Donuts, Allentown Road to Marlo Furniture, Forestville to Eastern Market Service is managed by DeMatha, operated by Elizabeth Seton. The PM Route to Eastern Market and Spaulding Library is a white 15-passenger van and it will be marked Elizabeth Seton Catholic High School.
As you consider your transportation plans for the upcoming school year, please consider the following facts:
- Most students travel an average of 25 to 35 miles to Seton/DeMatha one-way.
- At the current cost of gasoline ($3.65 per gallon) based on the number of school days (160), with most vehicles averaging 17-18 miles per gallon, you can expect to spend approximately $1,946 for gasoline, not including insurance and other operating costs.
- Also, consider the following, if you drive to the school and drop-off your daughter or son, and then return home or continue to other locations, your costs will double.
- Your time driving time is worth something. Most parents will spend about 600 hours in their vehicle(s) as drivers.
- The school bus cost is $2,100 per year. This is equal to $13.12 per school day.
- When you register for a DeMatha bus route, send the deposit of $100 and then the balance will be billed separately for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters.
The Elizabeth Seton bus route does not require an initial deposit or additional registration. Families will be billed quarterly through their FACTS account (separate from tuition or student fees). Payments for the bus must be received by the due date to continue ridership. The school does not prorate the costs for missed rides. One-way riders will be billed at 60% of full fare and will be considered after consideration is given to all two-way riders.
Seton organizes a carpool list each summer for those families who wish to arrange a carpool in their neighborhood. Please understand that by providing this information, it will be shared with other carpool candidates.
Please complete this form and submit by July 21, 2017 in order to be included in the Carpool Directory. Please understand that by providing this information, it will be shared with other carpool candidates.
Elizabeth Seton is accessible via the Metro orange line to New Carrollton Station or the red line to the Rhode Island Avenue Station. The T-18 Metro Bus from either station drops off in front of Elizabeth Seton at the corner of Emerson Street and 58th Avenue.