Parent Club Organization Officers
President: Armalia Washington
Co-Vice-Presidents: Julisa Robinson and Tamera Wells-Lee
Secretary: Nina Miles Everett
Financial Secretary: Krystal Alves
Treasurer: Tonya Anderson
School Administrator: Sr. Ellen Marie Hagar, D.C.
PCO Email: PCO@setonhs.org
The Parent Club Organization is charged with the following objectives:
- fostering communication and cooperation between parents and the ESHS administration, faculty and Board of Directors;
- providing a framework through which parents can respond effectively to the needs of the ESHS community;
- working in partnership with the President and staff to continue being innovative and keeping our school community a model to be emulated in the Archdiocese of Washington; and,
- promoting a full understanding of ESHS and the Christian philosophy among parents of students, families, neighbors, and the community.
The PCO General Meetings for all parents are scheduled below. Please note that each parent in attendance will receive 1 service hour. The tuition raffle for each meeting is $250.00 towards current year's tuition*, and light snacks and beverages will be available. Please contact any member of the PCO Board to suggest any topics you would like considered at the meetings.
- October 13, 2016, 6:30pm - Final Minutes - October 2016
- January 12, 2017, 6:30pm - Draft Minutes - January 2017
- March 9, 2017, 6:30pm
- May 11, 2017, 6:30pm
*If tuition is already paid for the current school year, raffle winnings will be applied to the following year’s tuition payment.
Family Service Program
Elizabeth Seton High School’s Family Service Program is a valuable means of partnering with parents for the benefit of our students. Each person’s gifts and talents add much to our academic programs, our extracurricular activities, our planning, and to the care of our buildings.
Each family is asked to commit a minimum of 10 hours total to one or more of the volunteer activities sponsored by the Parent Organization, the staff of the school, and the alumnae association. We understand that not all families are in a position to donate their time. We have many opportunities for families to donate in-kind items (i.e., food, beverages, paper products, etc.). One service hour will be given per $10 spent. In August, each family is charged a total of $130.00 for annual dues and parent service hours. This fee is paid along with the other student fees due in August. Parents may earn back the $100 for service hours upon completion of ten (10) services hours within the school year.
Procedures for Parent Service Hours
- Prior to performing any service hours, parents should download a Parent Service Hour Record Sheet from Seton’s website. Most events will have online sign-up and sign-in sheets to confirm participation. Chairpersons will also have in-kind donation sheets.
- Upon completion of the service, the parent should have the form signed by the event chairperson that is coordinating the activity. These forms should then be submitted to the main office. Chairpersons must submit all sign-in and in-kind sheets to the main office as soon as possible after the event.
- Once the form is submitted to the main office, Mr. Andy Espinosa, our chief business officer, will credit your account.
- All service hours should be completed and submitted by June 2, 2017. Hours submitted after this date will be applied to the following school year.
Parents will receive statements on January 15 and April 1 indicating the hours they have completed to date. Beginning September 15, reimbursement checks for parents who have completed their 10 mandatory hours of service will be mailed monthly to the primary parent and primary address on file. Parents should receive checks by the end of the following month.
If you have questions about the submission of your service hours, please first contact the event chairperson.
Our school community is very grateful to all our parents for their continued commitment to Seton. Through this program, our parents have done amazing tasks to advance our school.
Family Service Hour Form
Click here to download a copy of the Parent Service Hour Form.
2016-17 PCO Sponsored Events:
|Freshman Ice Cream Social ||August 20||6-8pm|
|Seton/DeMatha Movie Night||October 14||7-10pm|
|ESHS Open House Reception||November 6|| 11am-2pm|
|Mother/Daughter Event||November 19|| 2-4pm|
|Father/Daughter Dance||March 4||8pm-11pm|
|The Seton Service Scholarship||May 25||9am|
|Baccalaureate Reception||May 30||9:30am|
The Marion T. “Mr. Bill” Eldridge Service Scholarship:
The Seton Parent Club Organization has established scholarship awards for current Seton students. The Marion T. “Mr. Bill” Eldridge Service Scholarships are awarded to students who, in a spirit of kindness and selflessness, have performed exceptional volunteer service, above and beyond the current ESHS service requirements. For the 2016-17 school year, the PCO will award up to $5,750 in scholarships to include a student at each grade level as well as “honorable mentions” if deemed appropriate by the Selection Committee. Scholarship awards are as follows for each grade level:
- Freshman: $580
- Sophomore: $820
- Junior: $1,050
- Senior: $1,300
Click here to learn more about the requirements and download the application.