Class of 2021 page
Welcome to Elizabeth Seton's Class of 2021!
Please use this page as a resource to find the information and due dates you will need between now and the first day of school. Should you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact the Admissions Office at 301-864-4532. If you have not yet completed the online registration process, please click here to continue to the online form.
- Registration and Financial Forms
- Health Forms
- Gentle Reminders
- 1:1 MacBook Info
- Transportation Info
- Summer Camps
- Book List
The registration form, financial obligation form, and financial information sheet were included in your daughter's acceptance packet. Please complete these forms and turn them into the school by (1) mailing them in with the self-addressed envelope provided in the acceptance packet (2) uploading them to your Registration checklist on your onBoard account (sign in here) OR (3) scan in the completed forms and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need additional copies of these forms, please see the links below.
These forms are due as part of your daughter's registration by MARCH 11.
We ask that families make an appointment for physicals AFTER June 1 so that the student's physical is valid for the entire school year. However, if your daughter has already completed her yearly physical, you may have her doctor fill out the most recent information on Elizabeth Seton's health forms. Please note that when it expires, she will be required to schedule an appointment for an updated physical.
Return the completed physical and immunization forms by mail to Mrs. Melissa Landini by August 1, 2017. If these forms are not submitted on time, the student will not be allowed to begin classes.
Elizabeth Seton High School's uniform company is Flynn and O'Hara. Please see below for information regarding uniform measuring at Accepted Students Night and a list of uniform items. Please click here to find our online uniform store.
1. Students must have a valid physical on file as of August 1, 2017. Please click on the Health Forms tab above for more information and to download the necessary forms.
2. Math and World Language Placement tests will be given on Tuesday, May 2 OR Saturday, May 6 beginning at 9:00 a.m. Please mark your calendars with the date you have selected within the online registration form. These are the ONLY dates for placement testing. All incoming students must take the math exam. Following your placement testing, notifications of your course placements will be sent to you.
3. In JULY, your schedule of classes will be sent to you and a link will be included for our book list. These books must be obtained prior to the start of school. Details about our annual used book sale, scheduled for July 22, will be sent with your course sheet. New and used books can also be purchased very easily online through our online bookstore, MBS Direct, or any other textbook provider. A link to MBS Direct will be shared with families when it becomes available.
4. Your English and Math summer assignments will be given to you when you come in for your Math and/or World Language placement testing in May. The assignments are due by the first day of school. Don’t procrastinate!
5. In JUNE OR JULY, the first tuition payment for the 2017-2018 school year is due depending on what payment plan you choose. For families who have selected to pay tuition over ten payments, payments will be extracted on the date your family chooses (the 5th of the month or the 20th of the month or spilt between the two dates) beginning in June. These families will not pay tuition in August. In place of tuition, your family will be responsible for purchasing uniforms, books, school supplies, as well as paying the “incidental” items bill described below. For families selecting a one or two payment plan, the first (or only) payment will be withdrawn on July 1st.
6. In JULY, you will receive a bill for “incidental” items and school fees such as student activities fee, Parent Club fee, technology fee and any other fees associated with the classes your daughter will be taking. These fees will be scheduled for withdraw and/or available for payment through FACTS. Generally, the fees total between $750-$950, depending on selected courses. All payments must be made prior to the due date. For your convenience, you may also make payments directly to Seton’s business office in August prior to the August 15, 2017 due date.
7. In AUGUST, fall sports try-outs will be taking place at Seton for Soccer, Field Hockey, Volleyball, Cross Country, and Tennis. Information will be sent out over the summer, but check our website for an early head’s up. Physicals must be submitted before students are permitted to try out.
8. Freshmen are welcomed to Seton during a mandatory one-day class orientation at the end of August. During the orientation period, students will receive their Macbooks. More information on times and other details will be communicated to parents this spring.
9. NOTE: Please be aware that each family in the school is expected to donate 10 hours of service to the school over the course of the year. Information will be given at the beginning of the year on how parents can complete their service (baking cookies, clean-up day, etc…).
All incoming students will be required to lease a MacBook Air laptop from Elizabeth Seton High School. This device will be configured with all of the software and electronic applications needed by the students. The device remains the property of Elizabeth Seton High School until a student graduates, at which time the MacBook is hers to keep. An annual technology fee of $380 will be billed to each family as part of their Fees Bill in August.
To find more information on Elizabeth Seton's 1:1 Technology Program, please click here.
The school day begins at 8:15am and ends at 2:45pm. Students can arrive on campus as early as 6:30am and stay as late at 6:00pm.
Elizabeth Seton shares bus routes with DeMatha Catholic High School. Please contact Jackie Boissonneault at 301-864-4532, extension 7107 or email@example.com with questions regarding payment. Visit the Parents Page on DeMatha's website here for more details and information. DeMatha and Seton share the following bus routes:
- Charles County/Fort Washington
- Clinton/Forrestville/Eastern Market
- Dunkirk/Upper Marlboro
- Montgomery County
- Howard County/Laurel
Click here to complete the carpool interest form and submit by July 21, 2017 in order to be included in the Carpool Directory. Please understand that by providing this information, it will be shared with other carpool candidates.
Note: Elizabeth Seton High School does not arrange carpools. This form is only to assist you in arranging a carpool.
Elizabeth Seton is accessible via the Metro orange line to New Carrollton Station or the red line to the Rhode Island Avenue Station. The T-18 Metro Bus from either station drops off in front of Elizabeth Seton at the corner of Emerson Street and 58th Avenue.
Elizabeth Seton is offering several camps this summer! Please click here to register and find more information on the following camps this summer:
The Used Book Sale will be held on Saturday, July 22nd from 8 am to 12 noon in the auditorium. We will be accepting books for sale from Monday, July 17th thru Friday, July 21st. Parent volunteers needed. See the Service area for more info.
Sample of Book Sale Envelope